Allow App Login on Multiple Devices

Posted over 1 year ago by Dan Algarin

Post a topic
D
Dan Algarin

Currently, it is not possible to be signed in to the Petkit app on multiple devices.  This is a huge inconvenience for families using Petkit products as it means that only one person can be logged in and receive notifications for issues with any devices they own.

In our case, we own two Pura Max litter boxes and responsibility for maintaining these is shared amongst myself, my wife, and my daughter.  Unfortunately only one of us is able to be logged in and receive notifications.  And if one of us logs in to clear an issue or perform a manual cleaning the other person is logged out.  

Ultimately this limitation is just ridiculous.  A smart device app that is limited to a single login.  Just terrible.

Request is that the app/authentication be fixed so that you can be logged into the Petkit app on multiple devices and that all signed in devices receive alerts/notifications which are configured.

12 Votes

12 Comments

Sorted by
trisk

trisk posted about 1 month ago

Does she already have an account? The invite shows up in the app iirc

0 Votes

V

Valerie Jones posted about 1 month ago

I did all the add family invite but she’s not getting an email. How to troubleshoot?

0 Votes

trisk

trisk posted 2 months ago

As an update for everyone, notifications seem to work for other users now as long as you add them to your family.

0 Votes

trisk

trisk posted 2 months ago

Cindy just have your pet sitter sign up for an account, and then in your profile, go to the sharing options and add her account to your family.

0 Votes

C

Cindy dimmick posted 2 months ago

Im lost how to add my pet sitter ...cant find info on how to do it....PLEASE help!!!

1 Votes

I

Igor Santos posted about 1 year ago

From a developer point of view (not a PetKit employee here!!), this request is plainly _wrong_, while the issue is 100% valid. The correct request here is to be able to share devices and pets with other family members, so everyone in the household has their own account, and can access the same devices from their own phones.

I should add that not all devices are shareable - PetKit Fit 3, for instance, doesn't have that "device sharing" option, so it's even worse in my case.

1 Votes

A

Alexey Golovin posted over 1 year ago

I totally agree. Fix it!!!

2 Votes

A

Alexey Golovin posted over 1 year ago

I totally agree. Fix it!!!

1 Votes

D

Dan Algarin posted over 1 year ago

Please note that the lack of notifications for a shared device eliminates an important function of the Petkit devices.  Being made aware of a full waste bin or other malfunction is critical functionality.  A self-cleaning litterbox that is no longer cleaning itself, for whatever the reason, has lost its primary function.

2 Votes

A

Al White posted over 1 year ago

Absolutely... just so my wife can use the facility too

3 Votes

B

Beate posted over 1 year ago

I totally agree! 

3 Votes

trisk

trisk posted over 1 year ago

You can share access to a device with another account by going into the settings for the device and selecting "Device sharing". Notifications don't seem to work for other users, though.

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment