Allow multiple users for single home

Posted over 1 year ago by wuttatroll@gmail.com

Post a topic
w
wuttatroll@gmail.com

Allow multiple accounts to join the same home or allow the single account to share access with another account.

When I am logged in and someone else logs into the same account, I am automatically signed out. This is inconvenient. We both want access at the same time.

14 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
c

ciprianmp posted almost 1 year ago

I could only share 2 of my 4 devices (litter and feeder), so my wife cannot see the water fountain or the Smart spray, nor is she able to manage them or get notifications about water running out. Also, as the main account owner, my pet cannot be shared with my wife, nor the food I set for my cat, so my wife had to configure her own cat in her account (she put a slightly different weight for him and no the food she couldn't find). So now her pet is different than mine and starving (joke). You really need to fix the sharing stuff PETKIT, make it so everything out of the main account shows identically on the shared account, I mean litterally every single info and function!

2 Votes

trisk

trisk posted about 1 year ago

Joe, are you clicking on the gear at the top corner? That should open the main settings menu. When I scroll down to General settings it is directly below the Litter type option for me.

0 Votes

D

Dominik posted about 1 year ago

I’d like to add as well that sharing the device is useless without push notifications.

Especially the message „waste container is full“ is crucial for everyone to get.

2 Votes

J

Joe Howell posted over 1 year ago

I just got a device from them today and I am not able to share the device. When clicking on the gear icon, there is no choice for device sharing. I am on an android phone.

1 Votes

w

wuttatroll@gmail.com posted over 1 year ago

That said, important follow up feature request:

Allow multiple users to receive notifications : PETKIT

6 Votes

w

wuttatroll@gmail.com posted over 1 year ago

Hi, thanks. Yes I saw this feature. I'll try to use it.

I discovered that the other user will not be able to receive notifications from the device however. I hope it will be fixed in the recent update.

This is addendum is probably really important otherwise the shared users have no idea. The notifications are extremely helpful.

3 Votes

trisk

trisk posted over 1 year ago

You can share access to a device with another user. Select the device in the app and click the gear icon top right to access the settings menu, then select "Device sharing" and enter the username.

I discovered that the other user will not be able to receive notifications from the device however. I hope it will be fixed in the recent update.

2 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment